Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Shamrock celebrate card "Designer's Calendar" Cartridge

Hello Everyone!!  Happy Wednesday :)  I decided to make a very basic and simple St. Patrick's Day invitation.  I needed to mass produce this card so I wanted something that would not take a very long time to put together.  I love to use the "Assembly Line" method!! 

The materials that I used are:
Designer's Calendar cartridge, two-way glue pen, clear block, black ink pad (CTMH), Happy Day stamp set (CTMH), black and green cardstock.
Select the "Boxed" feature so it can add a frame around the shamrock shape.

Upload your Cricut mat and cut the shamrock at 4 inches.
Looks good so far!
Use the two-way glue pen to adhere the shamrock frame to the card. (I normally would use mono adhesive or Zip Dry but I needed something to go around the small edges and the two-way glue pen is perfect for those hard to reach spots!  **NOTE-be very careful to not get any glue on black cardstock-it shows up quite a bit even when it drys :)
Select a stamp of your choice to represent your sentiment.  I chose a stamp from the CTMH Happy Days stamp set and used a CTMH black ink pad.
....and there you have it!  A very basic and simple party invitation ready to go in minutes!!  
After I created this invitation I really wanted to give it some "BLING"-I love BLING!!  So I decided to use a Versa Mark ink pad and use a shinny, bright green embossing powder to add that special touch.  It didn't take me too long to add the additional embellishment.  I hope you like it and I hope you are creating with your heart!!! 
Here is my quote for the day:

"Passion is in all great searches and is necessary to all creative endeavors."-W. Eugene Smith

2 comments:

teetle81 said...

Very cute and so easy!

~Crystal
sweetteetle.blogspot.com

cjh said...

I love the St. Patty's Day card! And you give excellent instructions.