Sunday, July 4, 2010

SUNDAY'S SPILL

HAPPY FOURTH OF JULY EVERYONE!!


I finally had the chance to work with Armour Etching cream and found it to be pretty easy.  I purchased a vase from the Dollar Tree and found a lot of different glass vases, candle holders and bowls! 

Materials used for the project


I had to trim the vinyl prior to adhering it to my cricut mat.


Make sure you use the monogram feature!

Choose the image you want to have cut out.

I used the reverse image to glass etch the vase.  I had to apply tape to the image so I could transfer it to the glass.  Apply a thick coat of Armour etching cream and wait around 8 to 10 minutes.  The jar indicated 60 seconds but I found that it was not long enough.

Not too bad for the first time around!  I am off to etch some more glass pieces. 

Materials used:
Tie the Knot cartridge
Armour Etch cream
brush
vinyl
transfer tape
glass vase
ribbon
glass pebbles

I hope you have a fun and safe day with your family and friends.  Happy 4th of July and always remember to......roll up your sleeves and create something with the heart!
Here is my quote for the day:

  


"A sincere artist is not one who makes a faithful attempt to put on to canvas what is in front of him, but one who tries to create something which is, in itself, a living thing."-William Dobell


:::

No comments: